Dec 9, 2007

The Future of Print Media




The future of media, with respect to emerging technologies, was one of my semester projects. As this slide depicts, my envisioned future for print media is something of a hybrid between electronic and printed material. Multi-media, Audio readings and Print-on-Demand are a few of the possibilities explored. Also, Quick Reference tags will allow magazines to connect to online material. This is an exciting development that does not significantly change the existing experience while enabling a broad base of enhancements. I was happy travel down this hypothetical road lo these past few months. Along the way, I have developed other ideas of my own within the realm of speech-recognition and discreet self-surveillance which will eventually come in the form of an automatic transcription device which passively monitors your life, writing down the important things. Stay tuned.